Unable to add selected web part(s)

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Trying to create a web part using VS2008 & SharePoint SmartTemplate for VS2008. I am able to create a project in VS2008 and build it... create the setup.exe... run the wizard. I can see that the web part(wsp) file is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES. I can activate the web part via the site actions - site settings - modify all site settings -site collection features. However, when I try to ADD WEB PART on any page I get the following error:

"Unable to add selected web part(s)
WebPart 1: Could not load file or assembly 'WssSiteRequest, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131040)"

I created a temporary.snk file (strong naming the assembly) & I can see that setup.exe... created the safe control entry in the WSS webconfig. I do not see the manifest.xml file.  I have been successfully building custom web parts in VS2005. But, I need to use the features of  .Net Framework 3.5 that are available in VS2008.

I am at a loss to find the solution to this error.