Install Templates

Apr 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Please excuse my 'newbie'-ness..... How do I get the Templates to show up in Visual Studio 2008 when I start a new project?

I downloaded and ran the installer. I currently have a folder "SmartTemplates SmartPart Project Template" in "C:\Documents and Settings\geneca1\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\"

Is this where it belongs? What do I need to do now to get the templates to show up?

I appreciate your help.

Nancy
Apr 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Hi, I have the same problem as Nancy.
Regards, Daniel
Coordinator
May 6, 2008 at 8:29 AM
Do you have any other Templates folder in your My Documents? I've noticed that the installer sometimes doesn't deploy the templates to the correct folder.
Dec 7, 2008 at 8:32 PM
Can't see any solution posted, I have tried to add the two zip-files to one or all my template folders I can find but still they do not show up in VS 2008 when I want to create a new project. Please help me.
Dec 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM
Hi,

I have installed solution, then copied zip files from '[profile name]\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates' to '[profile name]\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer' because I chosen this option on first run. then restart of VS and you can find those templates under 'Visual C#' project type at the same bottom - 'My Templates' next to 'Search Online Templates...'