feature.xml not found

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Just downloaded the Smart Templates for VS2008, I uncompressed the ZIPs and then unzipped the ZIP files into My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates. I then launched VS2008 and I am able to see the new templates. I initially tried to create a new project with a project name that contained spaces. Let's say I called my project 'New Project'. When I click on Create, VS2008 responds with:

Unable to copy the file 'New Project.WebPart1.webpart' from the project template to the project. Cannot find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\tradigan\Local Settings\Temp\nyhduvex.qya\Temp\WSP\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\NewProject\NewProject.WebPart1.webpart".

However if I change the project name to NewProject, it gets created without a problem. Looks like there is an issue with spaces in project names? Or am I missing something?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Yes, spaces seem to give some problems. I don't know if I can fix that, for now I'd recommend to NOT make use of spaces in project names etc. Btw, dots (".") and underscores are supported.

Jan