SmartTemplates on MOSS Server

Dec 30, 2007 at 2:04 PM
i have installed the smarttemplates for visual studio, however it appears this is looking for VS to be installed on a MOSS server in order for the setup to run properly. do you have any suggestions on how to implement it to a remote MOSS server?

thanks
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Are you talking about the installation wizard (in the SETUP folder)?
If so, you are correct. This wizard can only be executed on a SharePoint server. If you want to deploy to a remote server, you need to copy those files manually to that server and do the installation over there.

Hth,
Jan

jackbrim wrote:
i have installed the smarttemplates for visual studio, however it appears this is looking for VS to be installed on a MOSS server in order for the setup to run properly. do you have any suggestions on how to implement it to a remote MOSS server?

thanks

Aug 4, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Hi guys.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

First of all I want to say that I'm completely new to sharepoint and web parts. I'm using visual studio 2008 and my mission is to install it on sharepoint 2003. I know that your smart templates target sharepoint 2007, however is there is anychance I can make it working for sharepoint 2003 ?<o:p></o:p>

Thank you.<o:p></o:p>

Ralph<o:p></o:p>